Solutions by Industry
HIPAA/HITECH: Compliance Made Simple
The HITECH act significantly strengthened HIPAA and has healthcare providers and insurers more concerned than ever about online patient privacy. Cryptzone’s solutions help protect against healthcare privacy breaches.
Much of the coverage of The Health Insurance Portability and Accounting Act (HIPAA) has centered on the regulatory requirements it places on the healthcare industry. However, the Act is designed to safeguard Protected Health Information (PHI) while also allowing for the electronic flow of data needed to provide and promote high-quality care.
Balancing these two requirements can be tricky. Not complying with these guidelines can result in lawsuits, substantial fines from the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and cause irreparable damage to your company’s reputation.
Prevent Health Data Breaches with Cryptzone
Cryptzone’s dynamic, context-aware network, application and content security solutions can address HIPAA from the perspective of who can access systems and applications that manage HIPAA-regulated data, down to securing files and controlling how authorized users can share and utilize documents containing PHI, while providing a clear audit trail of access and use. Cryptzone provides a layered approach to securing HIPAA-governed data.
Cryptzone allows organizations to:
- Tightly restrict who can access the information stored on your network, making non-authorized resources invisible and inaccessible to any users that do not have access rights
- Encrypt data at rest and in transit across a range of applications, devices and portable storage media including USBs
- Automatically classify and encrypt documents based on the presence of PHI or sensitive information in SharePoint, Office 365 and Files Shares and track access to those documents
- Comprehensive logging and reporting of network access, as well as access to documents containing PHI for audit and compliance
- Ensure all your web and online properties that provide patients with access to their healthcare data are accessible in accordance with HHS incentives and standards that require “viewed” data to conform to WCAG 2.0
With Cryptzone, healthcare providers can protect patient information, enable secure EMR/EHR programs, ensure privacy and confidentiality of personal and healthcare data (PHI and PII), protect intellectual property (IP), enforce data and information security policies and ensure web accessibility.
Compliance Sheriff assures content compliance with standards for privacy, accessibility, social computing, brand integrity, site quality and data and information security. Throughout the development lifecycle, Compliance Sheriff provides control, consistency and visibility of dynamic web content, scripted and contextual on any browser or device and mobile web content.
Security Sheriff automates and enforces data security policies by leveraging dynamic access, deny rules, sharing rules and a secure viewer to help ensure that only authorized users can view, edit and share classified data. Security Sheriff's real-time comparison of file classification and user context provides a granular approach to data security at the item-level to:
- Automatically apply the appropriate level of encryption at the time the file is stored, used or shared
- Automatically restrict access to and encrypt content based on the presence of sensitive data including PII, PHI and other confidentiality factors
- Record all file access history, including RMS actions, user access and sharing events
- Detect potential violations and initiate workflows to remediate and minimize risk
- Utilize granular security to more effectively control access to and the distribution of sensitive data
- Provide audit trails and forensics to track access to sensitive data, ensuring transparency and accountability